I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Sunday, January 3, 2010

1/03/2010 My Journey Begins

So today I begin with a lofty, but reachable quest (if I ignore all my self defeating talk) in reaching my goal of not only starting, but completing a major writing project of 300 pages or more in one year.

What do I share on this blog? I can't very well share the whole book can I? I guess I share my progress and journey with you whether you be a fellow writer on the same quest, an accomplished writer amused or miffed by my drama or a general reader of interest. I don't know who will read this, but I hope that if you do, you will acknowledge your presence and be willing to give you feedback or share something about yourself or personal journey.

Now if I can just do more than make a declaration. I'm good at declarations. I can make one for you too if you like. Oh, but let's not get into that. Anyhow, I get to be good at more than just empty promises. After all I have stuck with a couple things like my marriage (18 years and counting), graduating from college even if it did take 17 years. Those achievements account for something don't they? What else have I finished besides a book, a movie or an email? Does completing a 40 day fast count? Okay so it started out as a water fast and transformed into a juice fast on day 13, but all the same I completed 40 days of fasting. So I'll remember the successes of those aforementioned achievements and remember less the failures like the novel I started at age 12, the ballet and piano lessons I aborted, the musical I couldn't finish with one single song and the embarrassment of failing mime camp after I broke my rib on on the floor of a local college dive.

So it starts here shortly after the New Year. How perfect is that? The sooner I start writing, the sooner I finish. Now I get to write regularly. First step is an outline. Oh, and hopefully my marriage and the well being of our much loved adventurous child won't be affected adversely. By the way, I accept all encouraging, prayerful support too.

Let the brains begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!