I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/17/10 Challenging, breakthrough kind of day yesterday....

Okay so yesterday was a breakthrough kind of day for me.  I stuck with my commitment to not eat impulsively.  It was difficult at times, but I just kept reminding myself that I get to keep my word with the Lord and that He is big enough for me to lean on and give up all my weaknesses to.   I kept going back to His Word and then I'd pop a grape into my mouth sometimes too!  I ate mostly vegan except for the chicken corn chowder last night.  Other than that it was water, herb tea, apple juice, beans, lentils, grapes, strawberries, spinach grapeseed mayo and rice bread.

Went on a 30-40 minute walk yesterday with Kate and her friend that was spending the night.  They skated and I walked with Nugget.  It was good for all of us.  Today I need to T-Tapp.  I really notice a difference in my allergies, metabolism, etc when I T-Tapp.  In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is T-Tapp's website:  http://www.t-tapp.com  

Anyway, this weight loss Bible study is not mine but to the glory of God.  I can only write it through the experience of what the Lord is leading me through in this Biblically.  My Lord is my Master.  Food has no power over me.  My insecurities, impulses, or whatever moves me create an unhealthy temple for  the Holy Spirit is powerless over my Lord.  He is ruler over my life.  

I get to be transparent and real about this struggle and the power of my commitment to the Lord.  I already feel lifted up by my prayers and the prayers of others.  I am in a new zone now, God's zone.

Please continue to pray for my spiritual strength and protection in our Lord Jesus Christ as I face these impulsive food choices and demons to forge ahead in the God Zone.  I can't thank you enough for your encouragement and prayerful support of myself and my family during this time.

Satisfied in Christ,
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!