I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Thursday, March 25, 2010

3/24/10 Home again, home again jiggity jig!

Well, we got home late last night from the water park!  What a place!  So much to do!  The kids loved it.    We just couldn't stop laughing with each other.  So fun to be silly!

Remember how I wrote about feeling a little self conscious about my body in that swim suit?  Well, after this mini vacation, I think everyone feeling a little self conscious about their physique should go to a water park for a few days and get over it!~  Seriously, there comes a point where it just doesn't matter any more.  I started out wearing a t-shirt over my swimsuit.  By the final day the t-shirt was off and I just didn't care anymore.  There were a lot of other folks there without perfect bodies too!!  I still believe having healthier, thinner bodies is important, but we get have a level of acceptance for our bodies during the process of losing the weight too.   I don't want to be foolish and say oh, this is just the way I am and that's it.  I get to say that this is the way I am right now and I get to be okay that my body's size during this process.  My improved health and weight may not visibly improve overnight, but my attitude and focus has.

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast didn't we??!! And I noticed the same thing - you didn't make a big deal out of it, but took you shirt off the second day. We sure had some good laughs! Maybe accepting yourself just as you are at that moment played a part in that. We had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!