I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Monday, March 29, 2010

3/30/10 Tempted...

Today was the first day in a while that I was tempted to eat sugar.  This weekend we were out of town for Trip's 40th high school reunion.  Sunday morning at the hotel there was nothing but a green banana and some grits that I could eat.  Don't get me wrong it was a great buffet for non-vegan, gluten friendly folks.  However for myself it was challenging to find anything besides juice that I could have.  I finally decided it was better to have the grits and omelet instead of being hungry so I ate one small cheese omelet and a double pack of grits with hot water.

Today on the heels of that processed, non-vegan waver, I wanted cheese and sugar so badly.  I'm not kidding.  It was nuts!  I could hardly stay away from the kitchen.  I even ate a couple left over crumbs from Kate's omelet this morning, but that's the unhealthiest thing I ate all day.  Oh, wait a second, I did have some bbq chips today too, but at least I didn't tie the feed bag on!  It was all I could do to resist getting a Milky Way bar after seeing Kate eat one, but I held fast.  I did experience a psychological food trigger today also.  It happened when Kate was crying and in distress over her time-out.  I wanted to grab something yummy and bad for me right then and there!  I didn't give in though!!!  Another mini-victory!

To be honest, I was also a little discouraged of how I didn't look thinner in the reunion pics, but that's okay.  It's only been two weeks!  I get to pray up better than I did today.  I definitely didn't cover myself in prayer today like I needed to.

Well, it's late, but I'm going to T-Tapp before bed.  I did it last night and I slept more soundly.

So that's it for now.  I'd really appreciate your prayers for peace, focus and strength of the spirit to be effective in this process.    Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayer support.  God bless you!

Satisfied in Christ,

-Karen

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Karen! God is faithful and merciful to carry you through those cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca! Your support means so much.

    Bless you friend.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!