I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/02/10 Use me Lord...

Yesterday I continued painting the two new bathrooms the city had us install in order to offer space to more renters in our office building.  I was sweating like a pig.  So out of shape still.  It was a real aerobic work-out.  The later it got in the day the faster I had to go to make my personal deadline before carpooling.  I pretty much met my deadline of having all the primer up in both bathrooms except for a small strip behind the doors that will require a brush.  Monday I will go back, brush on that last bit of primer and then get to the painting.  I may sound like a trouper doing this so we can save the money, but I haven't totally done this without complaint.  In case you didn't already know this, I am not the sweetest quietest spirit sometimes.  The Lord still has a lot of work to do in me.  I wish I was a quicker study, but I'll get there.  At least I'm identifying it I suppose.

On the way to carpool, I saw an obese, young man about high school age walking on the sidewalk.  I'm not exaggerating or trying to be disrespectful, but he was waddling more than walking.  That short instant of me looking at him struggling to walk really got to me.  I started to cry.  my heart just flooded for the struggle he must be battling with his weight.  I know there are folks that try to convince themselves and others that they are happy with their overweight/obese bodies and selves, but don't you believe them.  It's just a cover up to deny the true pain of their struggle inside.  I may not be obese, but I know the pain and frustration in not winning the battle over food.  Even now with my fresh resolve and understanding of what I need to do to kick this destructive addiction to food, can be daunting.  Being 30-40 lbs overweight may not sound like a big deal, but the struggle is just as real for me as it is for someone with 50, 100lbs or more to lose. If I don't ground myself in prayer and the Holy Word daily, I'm setting myself up for defeat.  I realize it's important to take this one day at a time, but I also get to remember that it's an accumulation of days that must be won consistently as well.

Today I saw an obese person on TV and my heart melted again.  It's like the Lord has really taken this ministry to a deeper, personal level for me.  It is so apparent now that my journey in this is not just my journey at all.  I'm struggling, fighting and winning this battle of food addiction for folks I don't even know yet.  I know the Lord can truly use this time to show me how to make a difference for others with the same strongholds.  I look to you Lord for your leading.  All glory and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank you Lord taking our punishment on the cross and freeing us from the bondage of sin.



"Then Jesus explained: 'My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work.' " John 4:34 (NLT)



Satisfied in Christ,
-Karen
(Good Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!