I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Sunday, April 11, 2010

4/11/10 A New Sense Of Independence

It's occurred to me that as I lessen the role of food in my life, the freer I feel.  I've always known that freedom from any bondage comes from Christ, but I'm really getting to understand the depth of that freedom now.  It reaches through areas of my life I never expected like how, when and what I eat each day.  It's getting easier for me to ignore the urges of certain foods or impulsive over eating.  I'm seeing the seriousness of food addiction and how it must be treated like any drug addiction.  I have to completely abstain from any of these addictive foods if I want to stay "clean" so to speak.  This is my 3rd week anniversary of no sugar.

I can't quite kick the cheese habit though.  According to Joel Fuhrman M.D., cheese is one of the most processed foods out there.   The more processed, the worse it is for you.    My main source and use of cheese is crumbled or shredded cheese as salad toppings.  I've rationalized it's use to make my salads more palatable until I find something healthier that I like better.   Soon I will move cheese out of my diet completely.  I realize that when I stumble along the way I get to dust myself off and get back on track.

By the grace of God, I'm getting healthier each day.  I've heard that my blog is encouraging some folks who've been dealing with similar addictions and struggles.  To God be all the glory!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to our veggie garden too! Maybe we can put in another 4x4 this season and plant some lettuce! I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!