I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Monday, April 5, 2010

4/5/10 Easter was a bit of a challenge yesterday...

Anyone else resist all sugar, bread and fat yesterday?  By the skin of my teeth I managed, but food insanity was standing outside the door.  I could hear that little insane foodie say "Time for something sweet!"  Time for something salty!"  Time for something...anything..FEED ME!"  {{{{{STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!}}}}  Here I've been doing so well and suddenly I just want to throw it all out the window in one swoop...WHOOSH!  Between the processed food addiction and the emotional eating habits,  I've got my work cut out for me some days.  Just now my daughter fixed herself a bowl of ice cream and I had to pretend not to notice how good it looked.


On the writing side of things, I pulled together a lot of scripture and notes over the weekend.  I'm praying to find a female Bible scholar/mentor willing to spend some time with me weekly or bi-monthly to go over my work.  I think it's important to share what I'm writing not only to my husband, but to someone else who has also studied God's Word and has a clear understanding of what is Biblically sound and what is not.  For the most part I feel like I've got a good handle on knowing what is sound doctrine and what is not, but I understand the need also to have someone completely objective with a Biblical world view looking at it too.

I spoke with one of our employees today and she was very supportive of this blog.  Trip had told her about it and she checked it out.  Besides this blog being a sanity and accountability check for me during this journey, I'm hoping in some way it supports other folks going through similar struggles with food.  Please feel free to share this blog with anyone you feel might benefit from it.

ACCOUNTABILITY FOOD RECORD FOR THE DAY (So far):
First let me say that I'm not listing these foods expecting others to eat just like me.  Writing down what I eat helps keep it real if you know what I mean.  Of course if you want to try any of these food items, go for it!  I will list recipes too when possible in case anyone is interested.  :-)

*Yummy breakfast smoothie made of fresh bananas, frozen pineapple, orange juice and rice milk with tablespoon of flax seed.
*3 pieces of rice bread toast with grapeseed mayo, sliced onion and tomato.
*Enjoyed a salad today made of spinach, green leaf lettuce, chopped smoked almonds, orange pieces and thinly sliced sweet onion.  I used Kraft's Light Sicilian Roasted Gralic Balsamic Vinaigrette as dressing.  Delish!
Snacks:
1 orange
2 small cans of low sodium V-8 Juice.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    We all have our battles, the biggest being one that most aren't even aware of - the spiritual battle. And whenever you throw down the gauntlet to glorify God, as you are doing, that battle intensifies. I am praying for you each day, for your determination, wisdom, and obedience. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you
    (Phillipians 4:13).
    TC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!