I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/01/10 Too much gratification out there..

People think because they don't have a cigarette, drug, alcohol, gambling, etc habit that they are free of addiction in their lives.  However, they are fooling themselves.  Sugar and processed foods are addictive.  I find myself constantly needing to substitute healthier items for bad ones.  I'm not quite able to change the food language inside my brain yet.  I find myself trying to create some kind of addiction to the substitutes as well.  I really get to be grounded spiritually at the beginning of each day in order to be truly effective in this process.

Here is an eye opening article I read this week about the severity of food addiction:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/03/28/fatty.foods.brain/

Well, It's late and I can barely keep my eyes open.

Peace to all!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!