I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.  Philippians 4:13
"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly." Ignatius
My photo
North Carolina, United States

Saturday, April 10, 2010

4/10/10 Vegetable Gardening On My Mind...


I remember my dad's garden in our backyard growing up.  He enjoyed his time in the garden and we enjoyed the fruits of his labor.  We had corn, squash, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, melons, carrots, etc.  I've always wanted a garden of my own, but never had a sunny enough patch in any of my yards to have one.  Now we have a good area to grow some luscious veggies.  The ground is sloped so we have to use small terraced boxes.  It can get expensive at first so we've limited ourselves to planting just one box this season.  Lord willing we can put more in at a later date.  For starters we are going to plant four tomato plants.  Since I eat a lot of salads, it would be nice if we can also put in a planter of lettuce and spinach before too long.

How cool will it be to grow our own food!  We'll have to figure out some fencing and netting to keep out the bunnies and birds however.  I'll let you know how it goes.  If you have any gardening tips, please let me know!  Thanks!

Satisfied in Chist,
Karen


1 comment:

  1. We have a raised bed, and I have planted kale, spinach and some carrot seeds are coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!